Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Employer: DAKOTA COUNTY
Located in: West St Paul, Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
New Position in 2019. Resume and cover letter submittal are requested for this posting.
We seek a person to help us address alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse prevention at a community level. Our county has an increasingly diverse community and we are looking for someone to help us do this work inclusively. This position will implement effective community-based health promotion strategies primarily in alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse prevention and mental health promotion with a focus on education and policy and systems change. This position is needed to advance wellness initiatives related to students and adults. Duties include community collaboration, building partnerships, conducting presentations, meeting facilitation, assessment, planning, policy development, implementation, evaluation, and providing consultation and assistance to individuals and groups in the community and schools.
• Bachelor's or higher degree in Public Health, Health Education, Health Policy, Human Services, Communications, Community or Organizational Development or related area.
• 1 or more years of work experience in a school, child care or community setting in the area of alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse prevention and/or mental health promotion policy and/or programming.
• Valid driver license
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS BEYOND MINIMUM REQUIRED:
• Experience in collaborative groups with diverse partners
• Experience in policy and systems change
• Experience in the Public Health field
• Master's degree in Public Health or related field
• Experience with youth or youth serving professionals
• Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training SAPST
• Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
• Certified Prevention Professional (CPP)
Posted on 12/21/2018
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.