Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Posting expires on 10/31/2017
Employer: Minnesota Department of Health Refugee and International Health Program
Located in: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
Social Media and Video Intern - MDH Refugee and International Health Program
Join our vibrant, engaged team as a project co-lead for our #RefugeesOfMN social media and video campaign!
- Develop content for social media and web: Interview refugees and immigrants about their work, life experiences, and views on health. Write profiles based on these interviews: longer versions for our website and briefer versions for social media. Create other social media posts by using our data, seeking out interesting stories and stats, etc.
- Assist with our video series: Scout locations, find interviewees, and help with other planning and execution tasks.
- Optional: Provide support staffing at community health fairs, interacting with and educating the public.
- Optional: Explore additional projects, based on your interests, related to refugee and immigrant health.
- Must be a currently enrolled student
- Background in public health, communications, community engagement and/or related field
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Flexible hours, averaging 3-5 hours / week (or more if you take on additional projects)
Submit a resume and a brief writing sample (ideally for a public or community audience) to Ann Linde at firstname.lastname@example.org. No cover letter required, but please introduce yourself in your email!
Posted on 10/16/2017
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.