Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 11/05/2017
Employer: Fairview Health Services
Located in: St. Paul , Minnesota
Degree Required: Bachelors
The RN Research Coordinator will administrate and provide support for research and participation in the Primary Care field, with a focus on hypertension. The incumbent directs the processing and documentation of all activities related to Institutional Review Board (IRB) submission/review, project management of study related tasks, use of clinical knowledge to complete study visits and may provide consultation and education to research staff and other healthcare professionals.
Performs research and clinical nursing duties that are broad in nature and may require design and development of data collection techniques and a thorough knowledge of the specialty, to include compliance.
· Provide clinical research assistance to UMP Physicians and constituents performing clinical research. Follow GCP (Good Clinical Practice) guidelines in the conduct, performance and recording of clinical research, Support principal investigator (PI) compliance with same.
· Act as resource for protocol development and budget preparation.
· Study start-up activities; site initiation visits, document template creation, study staff training, clinical in-services
· Oversee and maintain study/regulatory documentation (engaging with and/or delegating to others as needed)
· Work within EMR and document as required per protocol
· Manage or participate in subject recruitment, screening, consent, enrollment, and necessary registrations (EMR)
· Responsible for continuity of subject participation from beginning of clinical research study to the completion of study.
· Manage study data collection and entry; collect enrollment and treatment data, using charts, correspondence, electronic medical records and personal communications with other health care workers.
· Use RedCap to manage online delivery of study surveys and logs
· Communicate with subjects according to protocol specific visit requirements to include telephone follow-up, data collection and reporting.
· Perform non-invasive protocol procedures, such as cheek swabs and blood pressure readings.
· Collect and process specimens or delegate appropriately (blood, urine, saliva)
· Participates in production of research publications or presentation of research data.
· Utilizes the nursing process and nursing standards to prevent or manage actual / potential research participants problems in all clinical care research settings Educates staff, subjects, and their families about protocols, treatment, possible side effects and complications
· May provide patient care for research patients and travel to associated clinic locations
· Identifies and assesses adverse events; responsible for subject protocol triage and symptom management.
· Administers medications and treatments as required by protocol.
· Communicates significant changes in subject status with appropriate staff.
· Report all work time on the monthly tracking document and update Subject Tracking Forms in the organization's business system (OnCore, Fairview scheduling system).
· In accordance with GCP and protocol, provide services, assessments, or interventions in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practice guidelines.
· Delegate direct and indirect research activities to appropriate personnel based on needs, condition, and potential for risk/harm, complexity of the activity and predictability of the outcome.
Communicates with constituents and customers about cardiovascular sponsored clinical trials and their processes.
· Ensures that IRB committee recommendations are communicated to sponsors and study team staff and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
· Communicates with sponsor regarding patient consent forms, approval letters and other required forms.
· Maintains communications with FMG leadership, clinic provider and care teams, CTS research staff, IRB, IDS Pharmacy, Fairview Research Administration and sponsors on the status of studies.
Performs other tasks in support of the Clinical Trials team.
· Understands and correctly acts on the needs of internal and external customers.
Attends monthly CTS staff meetings and other meetings as required, and prepares reports and updates as required.
· Associates degree from an accredited school of nursing
· Two years’ experience in a research setting
· MN RN or LPN License
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing or health-related scientific field of study
Five years of experience in a clinic setting
Posted on 10/09/2017
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.