Vice President of Ancillary Services
Posting expires on
Employer: Regional Health Services of Howard County
Located in: Cresco, Iowa
Degree Required: Masters
- POSITION SUMMARY: The Vice President of Ancillary Services has primary accountability for the quality and operational services of Ancillary Services and Clinic Services. The Vice President provides administrative leadership, direction and overall day-to-day operations for Clinic Operations, Clinic Nursing, Radiology, Laboratory, and Rehabilitation. Leads in the development, implementation and administration of policies and procedures for RHSHC and ancillary areas. Evaluates processes and makes recommendations for improvements. Responsible for new provider practice start-up and scheduling. Part of Senior Leadership team and responsible to take part in Administration On-Call duties with other team members as needed.
- ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY
- Reports to: CEO
- Supervises: Clinic Operations Director, Laboratory Director, Rehabilitation Director, Radiology Director, and Midlevel Providers.
- Key Working Relationships: Clinic staff, physicians, mid-level providers, allied health professionals, staff from other departments, patients/family/community populations, nursing leaders, physician's assistants, other health care providers, community service providers, other department heads, and Administration.
- Primary Customer Groups: Employees, patients, families, public, and other departments.
- Age of Patients Served: All ages.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DETAILED DUTIES:
- Seeks and implements changed initiatives and strategies to meet expected/desired revenue increases and expense reductions. Takes necessary corrective action when budget variances are noted.
- Participates in organizational planning and development, interviewing, selection, training, motivating, wage and salary administration, performance appraisals, developing objectives, and developing procedures to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Inspires and motivates staff through leadership qualities and personal vision. Displays effective interpersonal relationship skills with all staff. Communicates appropriately and regularly with all staff, including the CEO.
- Ensures the availability of competent personnel to provide the total range of care and services. Selects, develops, establishes performance expectations; coaches, evaluates, and when necessary, disciplines or recommends the discharge of personnel.
- Lead provider onboarding and midlevel recruitment and onboarding.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates programs to promote the recruitment, retention, development, continuing education, and advancement of goals.
- Interacts with hospital peers, medical staff, and top management, as well as various Network committees and external professional and governmental agencies in addressing the development, implementation and evaluation of systems, programs, services, policies and procedures that affect the organization and its ability to deliver care services.
- Assures compliance with accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Seeks and implements change initiatives and strategies to meet expected/desired revenue increases and expense reductions.
- Inspires and motivates staff through leadership qualities and personal vision.
- Lead Occupational Health initiative, development, and implementation.
- Oversee Behavioral Health to develop and implement initiative.
- Participates in evaluating, selecting, and integrating healthcare technology and information management systems that support patient care, operational needs and effective use of human resources.
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE/GUIDING BEHAVIORSEmbraces the Guiding Behaviors:
- Exemplified Service Excellence through the Guiding Behaviors: Standards to include Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation.
- We support each other in serving our patients and communities.
- We communicate openly, honestly, respectfully and directly.
- We are fully present.
- We are all accountable.
- We trust and assume goodness in intentions.
- We are continuous learners.
- Demonstrates familiarity by supporting and abiding by all RHSHC policies and procedures.
- Acts in a professional manner reflecting the mission and values of RHSHC.
- Attends meetings and in-services as scheduled.
- Participates in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested.
- Participates in and is accountable for process improvements to include but not limited to PEx activities.
- The above statements reflect the general responsibilities considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in business or health-related field preferred. Master's Degree required.
- Five years healthcare management experience preferred. Clinic management experience beneficial.
- High communication skills, basic math and high reasoning ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people of diverse backgrounds.
- Able to handle high stress situation as this person will be expected to participate in a rotation for taking Administrative Call.
Posted on 10/05/2017
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.