Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Posting expires on 12/01/2017
Employer: Cardno ChemRisk
Located in: Nationwide, International
Degree Required: Bachelors
Our team members have a long-standing reputation for thorough scientific analysis and for sharing results in the peer-reviewed scientific literature. Many of the over 400 papers that we have published are frequently referenced in both litigation and regulatory decision-making. Our mission is to provide creative and scientifically rigorous approaches to answering questions about the human health hazards posed by chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, and radiological agents.
We are seeking applicants with graduate degrees and training in industrial hygiene and exposure science, as well as candidates for internships of various durations (mostly for those in the process of obtaining a degree). Interns will support and perform similar types of work as fulltime staff (to varying degrees), as well as gain valuable insight into the world of scientific consulting. Positions are available in the San Francisco, CA; Orange County, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Brooklyn, NY; Pittsburgh, PA and Washington, DC offices.
Successful candidates will become part of a team of scientists who attempt to solve problems and answer difficult questions about the possible hazards posed by consumer and industrial products, medical devices, contaminated foods, and contaminated environmental media (e.g., soils, sediments, water and air).
Cardno® ChemRisk offers an exciting, fast-paced work environment with enthusiastic and self-motivated team members. We rarely hire for “specific job openings” but are seeking exceptional scientists who wish to be exposed to a wide variety of issues and who are comfortable with engaging clients and writing scientific report/manuscripts.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Conducting desktop research including literature searches, and critically evaluating and summarizing scientific information and government regulations
- Conducting, designing or assisting with exposure assessments, human health risk assessments and industrial hygiene surveys
- Evaluating claims raised in various types of toxic tort or personal injury litigation
- Assisting with the production of technical work products, presentations and proposals
- Conducting or assisting with exposure simulation studies
- Performing statistical analyses
- Performing limited field sampling work
- Working independently and as part of a team
Minimum Requirements: - BS, MPH or MS in industrial hygiene, exposure science, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Aptitude for multi-tasking among various projects
- Some research experience is preferred
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated passion for IH and/or environmental health
Desired Qualifications for Full-Time Applicants (but not necessary):
- MS, MPH, PhD in industrial hygiene, exposure science or related field
- Interest in being certified in industrial hygiene (or health physics)
- Internship and/or research experience
- Zero to 3 years of government or industry experience
- Previous contributions to the scientific literature
- Some field sampling experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
For more information on Cardno® ChemRisk’s practice areas and team, please visit www.cardnochemrisk.com. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate your office preference(s).
* Please note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening prior to receiving an offer.
Cardno® ChemRisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
For more information and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 09/05/2017
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.