Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Posting expires on 12/01/2017
Employer: Cardno ChemRisk
Located in: Nationwide, International
Degree Required: Bachelors
Our mission is to provide creative and scientifically rigorous approaches to answering questions about the human health hazards posed by chemical, biological, pharmaceutical, and radiological agents. Our team of scientists solves problems and answers difficult questions about the possible hazards posed by consumer and industrial products, medical devices, contaminated foods, and contaminated environmental media (e.g., soils, sediments, water and air).
We offer an exciting, fast-paced work environment with enthusiastic and self-motivated team members. While we rarely hire for specific job openings, we are always seeking exceptional scientists who wish to be exposed to a wide variety of scientific issues and who are comfortable with engaging clients and writing scientific reports and manuscripts.
We are accepting applications from candidates who have graduate degrees (or who are in the process of obtaining a degree) and training in Environmental or Occupational Epidemiology, or Biostatistics, and who are interested in risk assessment consulting. We have office locations in San Francisco, CA; Orange County, CA; Boulder, CO; Chicago, IL; Brooklyn, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; and Washington, DC.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
• Critically evaluating and summarizing epidemiologic and scientific literature on specific topics in environmental and occupational health
• Performing various biostatistical and other mathematical analyses
• Assisting with epidemiologic studies of various occupational cohorts
• Evaluating claims raised in various types of toxic tort or personal injury litigation
• Assisting with the production of technical work products, presentations and proposals
• Performing statistical analyses, including but not limited to
o Survey weighted design o Cluster analyses o Meta-analyses o Time-series analyses
• Working independently and as part of a team
• Master’s level degree in Epidemiology or Biostatistics; PhD preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent quantitative skills, statistical and study design skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Data management experience
To be considered for a position: please upload a cover letter, which indicates your office selections, along with your resume. * Please note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening. Cardno® ChemRisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on Cardno® ChemRisk’s practice areas and team, please visit www.cardnochemrisk.com.
Posted on 09/05/2017
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.