Find jobs, field experiences, and internships in the public health field
Apply for this job by 04/09/2018
Employer: United Nations
Located in: Manhattan , New York
Degree Required: Bachelors
This position is located in the Office of the Director in the UN Medical Services Division (MSD), Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM), Department of Management (DM). The internship is UNPAID and full-time (five days per week), for a minimum duration of two (2) months and can be extended up to six (6) months.
Under the overall supervision of the Medical Director, the incumbent may have responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in development of critical health-related SOPs, plans and guidelines for the Medical Services in UNHQ and field duty stations.
• Assist in coordinating CME training sessions for medical and administrative staff
• Assist in IT-related projects including preparing and analyzing health-related data from online surveys, and statistical and epidemiological review of MSD data sets
• Contribute to the monitoring of latest health policy developments relevant for MSD;
• Assist in conducting research on other matters related to the work of MSD
• Perform any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
Communication: -Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication -Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
-Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
-Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals -Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
-Places team agenda before personal agenda
-Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
-Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
-Keeps abreast of available technology;
-Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office;
-Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks;
-Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Posted on 04/03/2017
The education abroad opportunities posted on this website are not formally affiliated with the University of Minnesota and have not been fully vetted. Opportunities posted on this website should not be construed as an endorsement by the University. Please contact the Learning Abroad Center for information regarding participation on all education abroad programs.